Power up on Positivity
If your first semester didn’t go as planned, it’s okay. In fact, we think your spring semester is going to be your best ever. When your mood is in the right place, it helps your mind get in the right place and sometimes all it takes is a shift in the right direction to uproot a negative outlook. Try these five easy ways to power up your mood and get ready to do your happy best-semester-ever dance.
- Exercise. Getting your body moving will instantly brighten your spirits. That feel-good glow you get after a workout is not in your imagination, it’s endorphins. Sun Devil Fitness classes on all campuses are included in tuition, so you have no financial excuse for skipping a sesh. And your body and mind will thank you for putting them into motion.
- Be grateful. Try the 30 Day Be More Positive Challenge and experiment with a new way of thinking. No matter what is going on in your life, being grateful for the good things can’t hurt. Get started with one idea each day for a happier month. Repeat as necessary.
- Jam out. Singing at the top of our lungs is one of our favorite ways to de-stress and feel happier. We recommend our Shower Sing-along playlist. It’s filled with bops that will lift you up and get you ready to slay the semester. Don’t be surprised if your roommates start singing along.
- Relax. Staying on top of self-care is essential to a positive attitude and feeling better this semester. Whether it’s yoga, meditation or getting a discounted massage at the Fitness Center, it’s important to take the time to give yourself a break. Keep this list of tiny self-care tips on hand to use throughout the next few months whenever you need a little pick-me-up.
- Words of Wisdom. Pinterest some positivity quotes (or check out the ones we pinned for you). Read them to brighten a gloomy day and write down a few that really resonate. To help you remember, stash a few pre-written notes in your planner, upload one for Instagram or share the whole list with a friend.
Maybe it’s the positivity talking but we believe these resources will make a difference. Put a smile on and have a fantastic spring semester! Remember, we’re here if you need us.